2021 UGA GEORGETTE AUDITION INFORMATION
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 UGA Georgette Auditions have been altered to best protect everyone involved. Please read carefully for the updated process.
STEP ONE: ONLINE APPLICATION AND FEE:
Submit your online application by 8:00 PM EST Thursday, April 1, 2021 at the following link: https://dawgsaux.wufoo.com/forms/z1fdtxdi1tmnhsm/
Items to be included in the online application:
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of UGA acceptance letter or UGA ID (Current UGA Student)
- Pay your $40 non-refundable auxiliary audition fee by April 1st, 2021: https://estore.uga.edu/C27063_ustores/web/classic/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=143&CATID=1098&SINGLESTORE=true
Please note that we will require a physical form from a doctor. In response to the pandemic, we will only require completed physicals from candidates who are invited to Live callbacks on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
STEP TWO: VIDEO AUDITION
We will require 3 Video submissions from each applicant by Saturday, April 3, 2021 @ 5:00 PM.
Video 1: Introductory/Improvisation Video:
Introduce yourself and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, my name is “First Name-Last-Name” and it is current date of video. (ex. Saturday, April 3rd, 2021). (name, intended major, hometown, year in school etc.) and explain why you wish to be a UGA Georgette, why you chose UGA, future goals, interesting fact about yourself.
- 30 second improvisation to any music of choice: Showcase your strengths (leaps, turn combination, gymnastics, etc.), dance style, performance ability
Video 2 Across the Floor: Please learn the following material & video: Please introduce yourself before you start and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, my name is “First-Name Last-Name” and it is the current date (ex. April 3rd, 2021).
Across the Floor: Video link will be available on Friday, April 2, 2021 @ 2:00 PM.
Video 3 Kickline /Pom Routine: Please learn the following material & video: Please introduce yourself before you start and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, my name is “First-Name Last-Name” and it is the current date (ex. April 3rd, 2021).
Kickline /Pom Routine: Video link will be available on Friday, April 2, 2021 @ 2:00 PM.
SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION VIDEO by 5:00 PM on Saturday, April 3rd, 2021. Here is the link to submit your 3 Videos: https://forms.gle/rkbTp5WaJ5kQyg3E7
Video Requirements: Please upload videos to YouTube and be sure the links are unlisted to allow our staff to access them. Taking the current circumstances into account, it is not required that the dancer record the material inside a studio or a gym. Any open space inside the home, garage, or even the yard is perfectly acceptable, as long as the skills can be performed safely.
Attire for Video Auditions: All Candidates should wear 2-piece attire with performance make-up & hair. Your hair & make-up should be complementary and appropriate for an athletic environment.
- Top: Dance/Sports Bra Top
- Bottom: Spandex Shorts/Skirt (no dance pants)
- Tights & Dance shoes of choice
STEP THREE: LIVE CALLBACK AUDITION:
Candidates selected for live audition will be notified via email by Saturday, April 10th. Live callback auditions will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
At the conclusion of the one-day callback audition, our final 2021 team will be announced. A mandatory orientation meeting will take place on this same day.
IMPORTANT DUE DATES
- April 1, 2021 - Application, letter of recommendation, photocopy of UGA acceptance or ID, $40 audition fee due by 8:00 PM
- April 2, 2021- Across the floor & Kickline/Pom Routine video available at 2:00 PM
- April 3, 2021- 3 video submissions due by 5:00 PM
- April 10, 2021 - Email invitation for live audition if selected
- April 24, 2021 – Live Audition
Judges: The judges will score candidates during both the video portion of the process, as well as callbacks. Judges are looking for poise, dance technique, memory, timing, showmanship, personality, and learning approach.
Deposit: A new member can expect to pay around $1,500-$1,800 total for the season’s apparel. Many of these items are one-time purchases. 50% of the members’ total is expected to be paid at the mandatory meeting after being offered a position on the team scheduled for April. The remaining balance is to be paid by June 1st.
For more information contact: Dawgsaux@yahoo.com.