The 27th Annual UGA Middle School Band Festival: December 7-9, 2017
2017 MidFest Registration:
Registration codes have changed. Email Rob Akridge if you did not receive an email with your new registraiton code.
Payments can be made after all student acceptances have been announced on or around October 20th.
All nominations are due October 13th!
In order to access student nomination and registration information, please email Rob Akridge at email@example.com.
2017 Guest Bands:
- Pinckneyville Middle School Symphonic Winds – Roland Ventura, conductor
- Creekland Middle School Eagle Symphonic Winds – Jacob Sevier & Kathy Mason, conductors
- Cuthbertson Middle School 8th Grade Symphonic Band – Katie Ebert, Todd Ebert, & Alex Askew, conductors
2017 Guest Clinicians:
- Dr. Jaclyn Hartenberger, University of Georgia - Honor Band
- Dr. William Staub, East Carolina University
- Chris Meredith, Shadow Ridge Middle School, Texas
- Myra Rhoden, Fayette County High School
- Vince Rosse, Stephenson Middle School
- Travis Downs, North Gwinnett Middle School
- Karisa Seymour, Morgan County Middle School
- Laura Webb, Pepperell Middle School
2017 MidFest Information:
MidFest information will be mailed to band directors in September of each year. If you are a new director to a school, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before September 1 to be included in the mailout.
"MidFest" (established 1990) is a three-day event for middle school band musicians. Students are nominated for participation by their director by way of this website early in the academic year after receiving the MidFest announcement in the mail. MidFest staff selects students to participate based on the order of the director’s submission, the instrumentation need of the festival bands, and the reported musical achievements of each student. Typical festival attendance is approximately 1000 students from 130 schools.
Directors and other adult chaperones accompany students to Athens for the event. Directors are responsible for housing and food arrangements for the students.
The festival announcement includes a list of hotel properties in close proximity to the festival site.
Students are placed in festival bands on the basis of an initial audition. These bands rehearse four times before a final performance on the final afternoon of the event. Attendees also enjoy several featured performances by guest middle school bands and the UGA Wind Symphony.
For more information regarding MidFest or to update contact information, email Director of Band Festivals Rob Akridge.