M.M. AND D.M.A. IN WIND CONDUCTING
*Please note that there is uncertainty about in-person or virtual auditions at this point in time. As soon as we have more information, we will update it here.
- Apply to the University of Georgia Graduate School as soon as possible: grad.uga.edu
- Apply to the School of Music for admission and assistantship: music.uga.edu
- Submit (via "Acceptd" at https://app.getacceptd.com/ugamusic) the following pre-audition materials by December 1, 2020:
- Personal Statement of Purpose
- Examples of 3 concert programs you would design for a beginning to intermediate high school band (MM candidates only)
- Example of 3 concert programs you would design for a liberal arts college ensemble made up of majority non-music majors and a top-tier college ensemble comprised of undergraduate and graduate music majors (DMA candidates only)
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Three letters of recommendation including contact numbers and e-mail addresses of your recommenders
- Video footage of both rehearsal and performance (about 15 minutes each; frontal view)
- Audio recordings of at least 2 contrasting works performed by your own ensemble, or an ensemble you have conducted and rehearsed (approx. 20 minutes)
- Repertoire list of works conducted and/or studied
- Interview and meeting (including philosophy of teaching/conducting/performance).
- Meeting with conducting faculty (wind, choral, orchestra), and graduate conductors.
- Aural skills and musical knowledge assessment.
You will be notified of the admission recommendation shortly thereafter. Final official acceptance and assistantship offers will come from the University.
Please feel free to ask any questions: email@example.com using the subject line “Graduate Conducting Application.”