2020 MAJORETTE AUDITION INFORMATION
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 UGA Majorette Auditions have been altered to best protect everyone involved during this time. Please read carefully for the updated process.
Round 1: Video Auditions
Round 2: Live Callbacks
STEP ONE: INTEREST FORM:
Fill out the UGA Auxiliary interest form to make sure we are able to contact all interested candidates (new members and veterans): https://forms.gle/TVKbKXftTj87ZMRQ7
STEP TWO: ONLINE APPLICATION AND FEE:
- Submit your online application by 8:00 PM EST Friday, April 17, 2020 at the following link: https://dawgsaux.wufoo.com/forms/z14bgidf02kg838/
- Items to be included in the online application:
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of UGA acceptance letter or UGA ID (Current UGA Student)
- Pay your $40 non-refundable auxiliary audition fee by April 17th, 2020: https://estore.uga.edu/C27063_ustores/web/classic/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=143&CATID=1098&SINGLESTORE=true
- Please note that we will require a physical form from a doctor. In response to the pandemic, we will only require completed physicals from candidates who are invited to callbacks (Exact date TBA).
STEP THREE: VIDEO AUDITION:
- View the video audition materials at the following link:
Across the Floor: https://youtu.be/gtDMBYQGPIY
60 Taught Routine: https://youtu.be/9EcO6u0xCc8
- SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION VIDEO by 5:00 PM on Sunday, April 26th, 2020. Here is the link to submit your 4 Videos: https://forms.gle/6ojHCEKS5XX6DGuz6.
- Video Requirements: Please upload videos to YouTube and be sure the links are unlisted to allow our staff to access them. SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION VIDEO by 5:00 PM on Sunday, April 26th, 2020. Here is the link to submit your 4 Videos: https://forms.gle/6ojHCEKS5XX6DGuz6.
- Attire for Video Auditions: All Candidates should wear black leotard, tights, dance/baton shoes (whatever you choose). Your hair & make-up should be complementary and appropriate for an athletic environment.
- Video 1: Introductory/Technical Evaluation Video:
- Introduce yourself and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, My name is “First Name-Last Name” and it is Saturday, April 25, 2020. (intended major, hometown, year in school, etc.) and explain why you wish to be a UGA Majorette, Why you chose UGA, future goals, interesting fact about yourself
- 1-baton Tricks: 6 total
- Toss Walk-Over (Vertical toss)
- Toss Spin Illusion (Vertical toss)
- Both Toss Illusions (Right leg regular illusion & crossover illusion on the right leg)
- 3 Spin (Vertical & horizontal)
- 3 baton tricks: 3 total tricks (Vertical Box with one turn at the end, 4 Horizontal Box juggles, 4 vertical Juggles into high toss Backhand Flash Around)
- 2 baton tricks: 3 total tricks (high-low 1 turn, side to side left toss, right toss, catch right to back then catch flash catch left to the front, Horizontal/Vertical combination with illusion)
- Video 2: Individual Routine: (Include advanced bodywork, required twirling elements, showcase your showmanship & twirling style). You may choose any music that is tasteful. The routine shall not exceed 2 minutes.
- Video 3: 2 Taught Videos: include the following: Please introduce yourself before you start and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, My name is “First Name- Last Name” and it is Saturday, April 25, 2020.
- Across the Floor: Available April 25, 2020 at NOON
- 60-second Routine: Available April 25, 2020 at NOON
- Video 1: Introductory/Technical Evaluation Video:
STEP FOUR: LIVE CALLBACK AUDITION:
- Candidates who submit a video audition will be notified via email by April 30th if they are invited to a live callback audition. The callback will take place over the summer at Stegeman Coliseum on campus in Athens. You will be notified of the exact date when you are invited to callbacks. (Expect late June/early July).
- At the conclusion of the one-day callback audition, our final 2020 team will be announced. A mandatory orientation meeting will take place on this same evening.
Judges: The judges will score candidates during both the video portion of the process, as well as callbacks. Judges are looking for poise, dance technique, memory, timing, showmanship, personality, and learning approach.
Deposit: A new member can expect to pay around $1,500-$1,800 total for the season’s apparel. Many of these items are one-time purchases. 50% of the members’ total is expected to be paid at the mandatory meeting after being offered a position on the team tentatively scheduled for late June/early July. The remaining balance is to be paid by August 1st.
For more information contact: Dawgsaux@yahoo.com
The University of Georgia Feature Twirler
The University of Georgia Feature Twirler position is highly sought after and very competitive. The Redcoat Marching Band continues to recruit the best twirlers across the nation. The Feature Twirler is a scholarship position and auditions will be held every year.
In order to be selected you must send a 5-8 minute video that showcases your talent.
Video Submissions need to be in the band office by December 1st. Please send a cover letter, a letter of recommendation, twirling resume, full body photo in uniform along with video to:
Attn.: Feature Twirler Auditions
250 River Road
Athens, GA 30602
The Feature Twirler Panel will select twirler/twirlers to come in for a LIVE audition that will take place in the spring time. Once videos are viewed you will receive a letter from the Band Director stating the next steps in the process. We will ask you to come in for a LIVE audition and you need to prepare a 3 minute routine that should include: 1 baton tricks (double walkover, aerials, double illusions, etc.), 2, 3, and 4 baton tricks to any music of your choice. We will give you a piece of music as well and you will have 30 minutes to choreograph your own routine and perform for the panel.
For more information please contact email@example.com or 706-542-1505.