UPDATE - 2020 UGA Drumline In-Person Auditions
We are happy to share with you that Saturday, August 22nd has been set as the tentative in-person audition date with Sunday, August 23rd being the backup in case of inclement weather. Note: UGA fall semester begins on Thursday, August 20th.
Reminders for Audition
- Auditions will take place at the Hugh Hodgson School of Music (250 River Road, Athens, GA 30602)
- Please make sure to pay your audition fee prior to arriving
- Please complete all required information requested by Dr. Brett Bawcum that was sent via email
- Click here to review the batterie audition packet
- Click here to review the front ensemble audition packet
- The schedule is as follows:
- 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Snare Drum and Quad Drum Auditions
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. - Lunch on your own
- 1:30-5:00 p.m. - Bass Drum and Front Ensemble Auditions
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. - Dinner on your own
- 6:00-9:30 p.m. - Field Cymbal and Front Ensemble Auditions
- Click here for the full schedule and procedures
Important Changes Anticipated Due to Covid-19
Due to current Covid related guidelines, we anticipate the following protocols will be in place:
- Auditions will occur outside so please wear light clothing and bring adequate water, sunscreen, etc.
- We ask that all participants arrive at least 30 minutes prior to each session.
- Prior to auditions, there will be a brief medical screening.
- Masks are required and must be worn throughout the audition. Please bring your own mask.
If you have been exposed to Covid-19, have tested positive and yet to receive a negative test result, or are currently experiencing any symptoms associated with Covid-19 at the time of auditions, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com and we will work with you on an alternate plan.
Additional Dates / Times of Note
Please also be aware of the following dates and information. This is preliminary but we do want you to plan accordingly.
- Sat, August 22nd: Drumline auditions
- Sun, August 23rd: Drumline audition rain date
- Mon, August 24th: Drumline hold 5:30-7:30 for rehearsal
- Tues, August 25th: All hold 5:30-7:30 for rehearsal. This will be sub-grouped, TBA.
- Thur, August 27th: All hold 5:30-7:30 for rehearsal. This will be sub-grouped, TBA.
- Fri-Mon, August 28th-31st: No Redcoat Band rehearsals, sectionals, in-person meetings, etc. permitted.
- If you earn membership into the ensemble, you are required to add the Redcoat Band class to your schedule.
This continues to be a fluid situation and further alterations could potentially occur. We will follow up with any additional details by Wednesday, August 19th.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unique and challenging time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATED: 2020 Batterie Information Packet