2022 UGA FLAGLINE AUDITION INFORMATION
We are excited to announce our 2022 UGA Flagline audition information for the upcoming season.
STEP ONE: ONLINE APPLICATION AND FEE:
Submit your online application by 6:00 PM EST Monday, April 11th, 2022 at the following link: https://ugaflagline.wufoo.com/forms/qnfswaa0cjx9mo/
Items to be included in the online application:
- Full body photo in either performance attire or black leotard
- 1 letter of recommendation from either your band director or guard instructor
- Copy of UGA acceptance letter
- Pay your $40 non-refundable auxiliary audition fee by April 11th, 2022: https://tinyurl.com/FlaglineAudition *Please note that we typically require a physical from a doctor in order to audition. We will only require completed physicals from candidates who are invited to callbacks on April 23rd, 2022.
STEP TWO: VIDEO AUDITION
We will require 2 video submissions from each applicant by Wednesday, April 13th, 2022 @ 6:00 PM. One video will consist of a flag routine and the second will consist of a dance/pom routine.
- On April 1st after 8:00 PM, all candidates will receive an email containing the required material for the videos. Additionally, the email will include directions for how to submit completed audition videos. Candidates who applied after April 1st will receive the documents as their application is received.
Video Requirements and Attire: Please upload videos to YouTube and be sure the links are unlisted to allow our staff to access them. Taking the current circumstances into account, it is not required that the performer record the material inside a studio or a gym. Any open space inside the home, garage, or even the yard is perfectly acceptable, as long as the skills can be performed safely.
- Wear a black leotard with dance tights, dance shoes, and performance quality hair and makeup
- Be sure that we can hear the music
- Make sure we can see your full body and flag and that there is adequate light. Make sure you are not so far away from the camera that we cannot see your face.
STEP THREE: LIVE CALLBACK AUDITION:
Candidates selected for live auditions will be notified via email by the evening of Sunday, April 17th, 2022. Live callback auditions will take place on Saturday, April 23rd, 2022.
At the conclusion of the one-day callback audition, our final 2022 team will be announced. A mandatory orientation meeting will take place on this same day at 6:00 PM.
IMPORTANT DUE DATES:
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - online application and audition fee due by 6:00 PM EST
- Monday, April 13, 2022 - EXTENDED DEADLINE - online application and audition fee due by 6:00 PM EST
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - Monday, April 11, 2022 - round one video audition information emailed.
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - two video submissions due by 6:00 PM EST
- Sunday, April 17, 2022 - email invitation for live callback audition for those selected
- Saturday, April 23, 2022 - Live callback audition day
Audition Routine: Candidates auditioning for Flagline do not need to prepare a routine to show. A routine will be taught to all participants during the process.
Judges: The judges will score candidates during both the video portion of the process, as well as callbacks. Judges are looking for poise, technique, memory, timing, and learning approach.
Weapons: UGA spins both rifle and sabre. However, weapon auditions will not occur until over the summer. Members must first be offered a spot on the team by auditioning on flag only.
Deposit: A new member can expect to pay around $1,500 total for the season’s apparel. Many of these items are one-time purchases. 50% of the members’ total is expected to be paid at the mandatory orientation meeting after being offered a spot on the team. The remaining balance is to be paid by August 1st. Fees should be paid online via UGA Marketplace.
Winterguard Auditions: UGA Winterguard auditions are separate from Flagline auditions and are held in September/October of each year.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.