2021 MAJORETTE AUDITION INFORMATION
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 UGA Majorette Auditions have been altered to best protect everyone involved. Please read carefully for the updated process.
STEP ONE: ONLINE APPLICATION AND FEE:
Submit your online application by 8:00 PM EST Thursday, April 1, 2021 at the following link: https://dawgsaux.wufoo.com/forms/z1fdtxdi1tmnhsm/
Items to be included in the online application:
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of UGA acceptance letter or UGA ID (Current UGA Student)
- Pay your $40 non-refundable auxiliary audition fee by April 1st, 2021: https://estore.uga.edu/C27063_ustores/web/classic/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=143&CATID=1098&SINGLESTORE=true
Please note that we will require a physical form from a doctor. In response to the pandemic, we will only require completed physicals from candidates who are invited to Live callbacks on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
STEP TWO: VIDEO AUDITION:
We will require 3 Video submissions from each applicant by Saturday, April 3, 2021 @ 5:00 PM.
Video 1: Introductory/Technical Evaluation Video: Introduce yourself and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, my name is “First Name-Last Name” and current date of the video (Ex. April 3, 2021). (intended major, hometown, year in school, etc.) and explain why you wish to be a UGA Majorette, why you chose UGA, future goals, interesting fact about yourself
1-baton Tricks: 6 total
- Toss Walk-Over (Vertical toss)
- Toss Spin Illusion (Vertical toss)
- Both Toss Illusions (Right leg regular illusion & crossover illusion on the right leg)
- 3 Spin (Vertical & horizontal)
3 baton tricks: 3 total tricks (Vertical Box with one turn at the end, 4 Horizontal Box juggles, 4 vertical Juggles into high toss Backhand Flash Around)
2 baton tricks: 3 total tricks (high-low 1 turn, side to side left toss, right toss, catch right to back then catch flash catch left to the front, Horizontal/Vertical combination with illusion)
Video 2: Individual Routine: (Include advanced bodywork, required twirling elements, showcase your showmanship & twirling style). You may choose any music that is tasteful. The routine shall not exceed 2 minutes.
Video 3: ACROSS THE FLOOR: Please learn the following material & video: include the following: Please introduce yourself before you start and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, my name is “First Name- Last Name” and the current date of the video (Ex. April 3, 2021).
Across the Floor: Video link will be available on Friday, April 2, 2021 @ 2:00 PM
SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION VIDEOS by 5:00 PM on Saturday, April 3rd, 2021.
- Here is the link to submit your 3 Videos: https://forms.gle/Q6GC91ARbyKoHgaBA
Video Requirements: Please upload videos to YouTube and be sure the links are unlisted to allow our staff to access them.
Attire for Video Auditions: All Candidates should wear black leotard, tights, dance/baton shoes (whatever you choose). Your hair & make-up should be complementary and appropriate for an athletic environment.
STEP THREE: LIVE CALLBACK AUDITION:
Candidates selected for live audition will be notified via email by Saturday, April 10th. Live callback auditions will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
At the conclusion of the one-day callback audition, our final 2021 team will be announced. A mandatory orientation meeting will take place on this same day.
IMPORTANT DUE DATES
- April 1, 2021 - Application, letter of recommendation, photocopy of UGA acceptance or ID, $40 audition fee due by 8:00 PM
- April 2, 2021- Across the floor video available at 2:00 PM
- April 3, 2021- 3 video submissions due by 5:00 PM
- April 10, 2021 - Email invitation for live audition if selected
- April 24, 2021 – Live Audition
Judges: The judges will score candidates during both the video portion of the process, as well as callbacks. Judges are looking for poise, twirling technique, memory, timing, showmanship, personality, and learning approach.
Deposit: A new member can expect to pay around $1,500-$1,800 total for the season’s apparel. Many of these items are one-time purchases. 50% of the members’ total is expected to be paid at the mandatory meeting after being offered a position on the team scheduled for April. The remaining balance is to be paid by June 1st.
For more information contact: Dawgsaux@yahoo.com.