The 70th Annual UGA January High School Band Festival: January 16-19, 2020
Email Rob Akridge (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Checks must be mailed by Friday, Jan. 10th to 250 River Road, Athens, GA 30602 in order to be marked prepaid. Online payments must be made by 5pm on Tuesday, Jan. 14th in order to be marked prepaid.
JanFest Auxiliary Registration and Online Payments will close at 5pm on Tuesday, January 14th. After then, you can register and pay in person during check-in at the Classic Center on Saturday, January 18th.
JanFest 2020 Auxiliary Registration
JanFest 2020 Auxiliary Payments
2020 Special Guest Band:
- Hijiyama Girls High School Wind Orchestra, Yusuke Konishi, Director
2020 Guest Bands:
- Heritage High School Wind Ensemble – Blair Callaway, Director
- Kennesaw Mountain High School Wind Symphony – Michael Huebner & Corey Futrell, Directors
- Collins Hill High School Wind Symphony – Jeremy Lumpkin & Bryan Daniels, Directors
- Cypress Bay High School Wind Ensemble – Michael Scott & Jonathan Dor, Directors
2019 Guest Clincians:
- Jerry Junkin, University of Texas
- Randall Standridge, composer
- Evan Feldman, University of North Carolina
- T. Andre Feagin, Colorado State University
- David Plack, Florida State University
- Alex Kaminsky, VanderCook College of Music
- Sheldon Frazier, North Cobb High School
- Mason Daffinee, Ronald Reagin High School
2020 JanFest Information:
JanFest information will be mailed to band directors in October of each year. If you are a new director to a school, email us at email@example.com before October 1 to be included in the mailout.
"JanFest” (pioneering band invitational established in 1950) is a four-day event for high school band musicians. Students are nominated for participation by their director by way of this website early in the academic year after receiving the JanFest announcement. UGA Bands staff selects students to participate based on the order of the director’s submission, the instrumentation need of the festival bands, and the reported musical achievements of each student. Typical festival attendance is approximately 1000 students from 130 schools.Directors and other adult chaperones accompany students to Athens for the event.
Directors are responsible for housing and food arrangements for their students.
The festival announcement includes a list of hotel properties in close proximity to the festival site.Students are placed in festival bands on the basis of an initial audition. These bands rehearse several times before a final performance on the final afternoon of the event. Attendees also enjoy several featured performances by guest high school bands and UGA student ensembles, including the UGA Hodgson Wind Ensemble.We’re looking forward to seeing you next winter at JanFest!
For more information regarding JanFest or to update contact information, email Director of Band Festivals Rob Akridge.