Thank you for your interest in the Redcoat Band Drumline. The 2021 audition will be a two-step process: video submission (update: submissions allowed until Sunday, April 4th) (
due Sunday, March 21st) and in-person audition (Saturday, May 1st).
Due 11:59 p.m., Sunday, March 21st.
UPDATE: Submissions allowed until Sunday, April 4th.
A video audition submission is required for all new applicants auditioning for snare drum, quad drums, and bass drum. New applicants seeking membership on field cymbals and/or in the front ensemble are exempt from having to submit a video.
Returning member applicants are exempt from having to submit a video.
The purpose of this video submission is merely for an initial screening of your skill set. After screening the submissions, staff will contact each applicant via phone to provide individual guidance on the in-person audition preparation.
The deadline for video audition submissions is now Sunday, April 4th
11:59 p.m., Sunday, March 21st.
Saturday, May 1, 2021
(Rain date: Sunday, May 2nd)
- Auditions will take place at the Hugh Hodgson School of Music (250 River Road, Athens, GA 30602)
- Please make sure to complete the audition form which includes the Redcoat Band application and audition fee payment
- The schedule is as follows:
- 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Snare Drum and Quad Drum Auditions
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. - Lunch on your own
- 1:30-5:00 p.m. - Bass Drum and Front Ensemble Auditions
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. - Dinner on your own
- 6:00-9:30 p.m. - Field Cymbal and Front Ensemble Auditions
- See below for the full 2021 Drumline Audition Packets