The 32nd Annual UGA Middle School Band Festival: Thursday, December 8 - Saturday, December 10, 2022.
Please email questions to Rob Akridge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
MidFest 2022 Guest Band Application
Please complete this form by 11:59pm, Friday, April 15, 2022, to apply to perform at MidFest 2022.
2021 MidFest Information:
- Dr. Jaclyn Hartenberger, Interim Director of Bands, University of Georgia
- Shiree Williams, Associate Director of Bands, University of Georgia
- Wanda Moates, retired, Fannin County Middle School
- Audrey Murphy, Hopewell Middle School
2021 Guest Bands:
- South Forsyth Middle School Symphonic Band – Andrew Poor & Nate Hughes, Directors (7:00pm, Friday, December 10)
- East Cobb Middle School Honors Band – Gregory Denson, Patrick Walsh & Mary McGowan, Directors (7:30pm, Friday, December 10)
- Buford Middle School Symphonic Band - Kathy Mason, Director (7:00pm, Thursday, December 9)
Yearly MidFest information:
MidFest information will be mailed to band directors in September of each year. If you are a new director to a school, email us at email@example.com before September 1 to be included in the mailout.
"MidFest" (established 1990) is a three-day event for middle school band musicians. Students are nominated for participation by their director by way of this website early in the academic year after receiving the MidFest announcement in the mail. MidFest staff selects students to participate based on the order of the director’s submission, the instrumentation need of the festival bands, and the reported musical achievements of each student. Typical festival attendance is approximately 1000 students from 130 schools.
Directors and other adult chaperones accompany students to Athens for the event. Directors are responsible for housing and food arrangements for the students.
The festival announcement includes a list of hotel properties in close proximity to the festival site.
Students are placed in festival bands on the basis of an initial audition. These bands rehearse four times before a final performance on the final afternoon of the event. Attendees also enjoy several featured performances by guest middle school bands and the UGA Wind Symphony.
For more information regarding MidFest or to update contact information, email Director of Band Festivals, Rob Akridge.