GEORGETTE AUDITION INFORMATION
Auditions for the Georgettes will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020 at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens, GA. Auditions are open to the public for viewing.
Check-in: 10:30 am - 11:00 am Concourse Gate A
Audition: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Interview: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Announcement of the Georgettes and mandatory orientation meeting: 6:00 pm
Application Requirements: All Candidates must submit the appropriate documents and return as a packet by Friday April 17, 2020 to:
UGA Redcoat Band - Auxiliary Auditions
250 River Road
Athens, Georgia 30602-7287
The audition packet must include:
- Completed UGA Auxiliary Application (Including Full Body in performance attire)
- Signed Performance and Appearance Standard form
- Full Body photo in performance attire
- 1 sealed letter of recommendation
- Copy of current sports physical within one-year date of tryouts
- Copy of UGA Acceptance letter or UGA Student ID (current UGA students only)
- $40 non-refundable application fee (checks to HHSOM-UGA Bands)
Attire: All candidates should wear 2 piece attire with performance make-up & hair.
- Top: Dance/Sports Bra Top
- Bottom: Spandex/Skirt (no dance pants)
- Skin Colored tights
- Dance shoes of choice
- Hair: Georgettes wear their hair half-up for performances. No ponytails please!
Check-in: Upon arrival, candidates should check-in at Gate A.
- Group Stretch
- Learn Across the Floor
- 60-second dance piece
- Perform in groups of 2-4
- 30 second improvisation
Interviews: They are a great way to get to know the candidate and their personality and speaking ability. Be prepared to introduce yourself and provide an overview of your background, education, and goals. Casual Business Attire is expected.
Audition Routine: A guest choreographer will teach a 60-second routine with some of the following elements:
To audition for the Georgette line, you must execute the following:
- Front and Side leaps
- Double Turns
- High Kicks
- Pom Skills
- Fouette Turns
- Straddle Toe Touch
- 30 second improvisation
Judges: The judges will score candidates during both the large group portion of the process in which the routine is being taught and the small group performance portion. Judges are looking for poise, dance technique, memory, timing, showmanship, personality, overall physical appearance, learning approach.
Deposit: A new member can expect to pay around $1,800-$2,500 total for the season’s apparel. Many of these items are one-time purchases. 50% of the members’ total is expected to be paid at the mandatory meeting after being offered a spot on the team. The remaining balance is to be paid by June 1st.