The 28th Annual UGA Middle School Band Festival: December 6-8, 2018
Acceptances have been announced. Cancellation deadline is Monday, November 26th.
Please email Rob Akridge at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive an email or have any questions.
Marketplace Link (pay by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 4th)
Mail checks by Friday, November 30th to:
Attn: Rob Akridge
250 River Road
Athens, GA 30602
2018 Guest Bands:
- Durham Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Symphonic Band – Michelle Rickard & Matt Segars, Directors
- Otwell Middle School Eagle Symphonic Winds – Jacob Wildes & Christopher Coleman, Directors
- Feagin Mill Middle School Symphonic Band – Lloyd McDonald, Director
2018 Guest Clinicians:
- William Owens, composer
- Arris Golden, Michigan State University
- Alison Farley, University of Georgia
- Matt Koperniak, Georgia Southern University, Armstrong Campus
- Andrew Cole, Hightower Trail Middle School
- Gregory Denson, East Cobb Middle School
- Katie Ebert, Cuthbertson Middle School
- Matthew Price, Flat Rock Middle School
2018 MidFest Information:
2017 MidFest Information:
MidFest information will be mailed to band directors in September of each year. If you are a new director to a school, email us at email@example.com before September 1 to be included in the mailout.
"MidFest" (established 1990) is a three-day event for middle school band musicians. Students are nominated for participation by their director by way of this website early in the academic year after receiving the MidFest announcement in the mail. MidFest staff selects students to participate based on the order of the director’s submission, the instrumentation need of the festival bands, and the reported musical achievements of each student. Typical festival attendance is approximately 1000 students from 130 schools.
Directors and other adult chaperones accompany students to Athens for the event. Directors are responsible for housing and food arrangements for the students.
The festival announcement includes a list of hotel properties in close proximity to the festival site.
Students are placed in festival bands on the basis of an initial audition. These bands rehearse four times before a final performance on the final afternoon of the event. Attendees also enjoy several featured performances by guest middle school bands and the UGA Wind Symphony.
For more information regarding MidFest or to update contact information, email Director of Band Festivals Rob Akridge.