2023 MAJORETTE AUDITION INFORMATION
We are excited to announce our 2023 UGA Majorette audition information for the upcoming season.
STEP ONE: ONLINE APPLICATION AND FEE:
Submit your online application by 8:00 PM EST Friday, March 31, 2023 at the following link: https://dawgsaux.wufoo.com/forms/2023-uga-auxiliary-audition-application
Items to be included in the online application:
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of UGA acceptance letter for Fall 2023 or UGA Card/Class Schedule (Current UGA Student)
- Pay your $40 non-refundable auxiliary audition fee by March 31, 2023: https://estore.uga.edu/C27063_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=5454&SINGLESTORE=true
Please note that we will require a physical form from a doctor. We only require completed physicals from candidates who are invited to Live callbacks on Saturday, April 22, 2023.
STEP TWO: VIDEO AUDITION:
We will require 2 Video submissions from each applicant by Sunday, April 2, 2023 @ 5:00 PM.
Video 1: Introductory/Technical Evaluation Video: Introduce yourself and state the date of the video. Ex: Hello, my name is “First Name-Last Name” and current date of the video (Ex. April 2, 2023). (Intended major, hometown, year in school, etc.) and explain why you wish to be a UGA Majorette, why you chose UGA, future goals, interesting fact about yourself
1-baton Tricks: 6 total
- Toss Walk-Over (Vertical toss)
- Toss Spin Illusion (Vertical toss)
- Both Toss Illusions (Right leg regular illusion & crossover illusion on the right leg)
- 3 Spin (Vertical & horizontal)
3 baton tricks: 3 total tricks (Vertical Box with one turn at the end, 4 Horizontal Box juggles, 4 vertical Juggles into high toss Backhand Flash Around)
2 baton tricks: 3 total tricks (high-low 1 turn, side to side left toss, right toss, catch right to back then catch flash catch left to the front, Horizontal/Vertical combination with illusion)
Video 2: Individual Routine: (Include advanced bodywork, required twirling elements, showcase your showmanship & twirling style). You may choose any music that is tasteful. The routine shall not exceed 2 minutes.
SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION VIDEOS by 5:00 PM on Sunday, April 2, 2023.
- Here is the link to submit your 2 Videos: https://forms.gle/tdD2YFkj5enMNwBV8
Video Requirements: Please upload videos to YouTube and be sure the links are unlisted to allow our staff to access them.
Attire for Video Auditions: All Candidates should wear black leotard, tights, dance/baton shoes (whatever you choose). Your hair & make-up should be complementary and appropriate for an athletic environment.
STEP THREE: LIVE CALLBACK AUDITION:
Candidates selected for live audition will be notified via email by Saturday, April 8, 2023. Live callback auditions will take place on Saturday, April 22, 2023.
At the conclusion of the live callback audition, our final 2023 team will be announced. A mandatory orientation meeting will take place on this same day.
IMPORTANT DUE DATES
- March 31, 2023 - Application, letter of recommendation, photocopy of UGA acceptance or ID, $40 audition fee due by 8:00 PM
- April 2, 2023 - 2 video submissions due by 5:00 PM
- April 8, 2023 - Email invitation for live audition if selected
- April 22, 2023 – Live Audition
Judges: The judges will score candidates during both the video portion of the process, as well as callbacks. Judges are looking for poise, twirling technique, memory, timing, showmanship, personality, and learning approach.
Deposit: A new member can expect to pay around $1,500-$1,800 total for the season’s apparel. Many of these items are one-time purchases. 50% of the members’ total is expected to be paid at the mandatory meeting after being offered a position on the team scheduled for April. The remaining balance is to be paid by June 1st.
*For first-year students this should be either a copy of your UGA admission letter or a copy of your official notice that you are on the waitlist for Fall 2023 admission. For returning students, this can be a copy of your Fall 2023 official class schedule or a copy of your UGACard.
For more information contact: Dawgsaux@yahoo.com.